- Assistant Professor of Medicine at UBC, Director of Stress Echocardiography at VGH
- Canadian Society of Echocardiography (CSE) Cardiac POCUS Committee member
- CSE Heart Imagers of Tomorrow representative for the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Primary research interests include the development and application of machine learning models to echocardiography and stress echocardiography
- 20 publications and 17 research related awards
- 2019 UBC Friedman Scholar in Health & VCHRI Centre for Heart and Lung Health Early Career Research Scholar
Christina L Luong
Dr. Luong is a clinical assistant professor within the Division of Cardiology at the University of British Columbia and member of the Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia Hospital Echocardiography Laboratory. She specializes in echocardiography with a special interest in stress echo. Her research focuses on the development and application of machine learning models to echocardiography and works closely with UBC computer and biomedical engineering.
She practices general cardiology and provides services for the VGH STAT clinic and inpatient consultation service. Dr. Luong is a graduate of the University of Alberta medical school, and UBC Internal Medicine and Cardiology fellowship programs. She completed advanced fellowships in echocardiography at Vancouver General Hospital and at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. She also completed a Master’s of Health Science through the University of British Columbia.