- McLeod Professor of Heart Valve Innovation, University of British Columbia
- Director, Interventional Cardiology, St Paul’s Hospital
- Director, Centre for Heart Valve Innovation
- Medical Director, Transcatheter Heart Valve Program, Cardiac Services of BC
- Pioneer in the development of transcatheter heart valve technology
- Awards: Andreas Gruentzig Ethica (EuroPCR), Geoffrey Hartzler Master Operator (TCT), Founders Award (SCAI), Killam Research Prize (UBC), Outstanding Achievement (CAIC), Innovation and Achievement (Lifesciences BC), Doctor of Science, Honoris Causa (SFU)
- >600 publications (h-index 104)
- Recognized as a top cited researcher in 2019
John G Webb MD
Dr. Webb is the director of interventional cardiology at St. Paul’s Hospital, McLeod Professor at UBC, Medical Director of the Transcatheter Valve Program for the Province of BC.
As director of the Centre for Heart Valve Innovation, he leads the group that developed the most widely used transcatheter aortic valve implantation procedures as well as many other first-in-human devices and procedures. He has performed or supervised over 3,000 aortic, mitral, pulmonary, and tricuspid valve procedures in over 30 countries throughout North America, Europe, and Australasia and has authored over 600 publications.