- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of British Columbia
- Director, UBC Cardio-Oncology Program
- Vice President, Canadian Cardiac Oncology Network
- Co-PI, Canadian Registry for Amyloidosis Research
- Co-Chair, CCS/CHFS Position Statement on Cardiac Amyloidosis (2020)
- Primary research interests include heart disease in cancer patients and cardiac amyloidosis
Margot K Davis MD SM FRCPC
Clinical Assistant Professor
Margot Davis is a cardiologist at VGH and SPH and the Director of the UBC Cardiology-Oncology Program. She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Physiology at McGill University before attending medical school at the University of British Columbia. She stayed at UBC for her Internal Medicine residency and Cardiology fellowship and served as Chief Resident for both Medicine and Cardiology. She then completed fellowships in Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology and Cardio-Oncology & Cardiac Amyloidosis at Stanford University School of Medicine. She is also a candidate for a Masters of Science in clinical epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health.
Her research interests are focused on the prevention, diagnosis, and management of cardiotoxicity related to cancer therapy and the epidemiology of heart disease in cancer survivors. She also has interests in cardiac amyloidosis and advanced heart failure. She is a co-PI on the Canadian Cancer Society-funded ELEVATE trial of eplerenone for the prevention of anthracycline cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients.